Frequently asked questions we hear most often from our customers
“I am a Mac user and am looking for a software app which can convert my MXF footage shot by my Canon XF105 to Apple ProRes 422 or any codec which will allow editing in Final cut pro X without going through rendering process. Can your software work for me?”
“I have a new Canon XF105 and did not realize that it would be so problematic to get the .mxf video into my computers without using the Canon software. I would like to know if the conversion format would fit with the following programs..... On my Mac: Final Cut Pro X, iMovie.”
Pavtube Mac MXF Converter is our recommended software to help you convert XF105 MXF to FCP compatible Apple ProRes 422 MOV. More than output editable files for FCP X, the MXF Converter for Mac also features optimized presets for iMove, Avid Studio, Final Cut Express, and Adobe Premiere. With this tool, you can easily transcode Canon 105 MXF files to Apple ProRes 422/4444, DVCPRO, AIC, DV, Avid DNxHD for using within different editing software.
Pavtube MXF to FCP X Converter
Step 1: Run Pavtube MXF Converter and click “Add Video” button to import source .mxf files.
1. Please ensure that the computer you are using to do MXF conversion has FCP X and ProApps QuickTime Codecs installed, otherwise, the converted files will have audio only without image.
2. The FCP X does not install the ProApps QuickTime Codecs automatically, so you need download and install the codec manually from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1396.
Step 2: Select Apple ProRes 422 MOV as target format
Click format menu and select “Apple ProRess 422 (*.mov)” as output format beneath the “Final Cut Pro” profile.
Step 3: Convert XF105 MXF files for FCP
Click the big button Convert to start transcoding MXF files to MOV for FCP X. When the conversion is completed, click “Open” button to get the converted Apple ProRes 422 MOV files for editing with Final Cut Pro.
- How to burn Final Cut Pro projects to DVD on Mac?
- DVD to Final Cut - How to rip DVD to edit in FCP, FCP X, FCE on Mac?
- Enable Final Cut Pro 6/7 and FCP X to work with NEX-6 50p/60p MTS clips
- Canon C500 MXF Footage and Final Cut Pro (X) workflow - C500 MXF transcoding to ProRes 422
- Using P2 AVC-Intra 50/AVC-Intra 100 MXF footage with Final Cut Pro
- Canon C100 and FCP workflow - how can I edit Canon C100 AVCHD with FCP (X)?