- Convert MKV files for viewing on iPad, Xoom, Android phones, etc.
- Convert MKV video with wanted audio/subs track and video stream.
- Guarantee audio and video in sync with fast conversion speed.
- Merge multiple MKV files into a single file.
- Cut off black edges and select wanted video clips to convert at will.
Supported OS: Mac OS X Leopard (10.5), Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), Mountain Lion (10.8)
Size: 9.6 MB
- Besides converting MKV, the Mac Video Converter can transcode MTS, MXF, TiVo, MOV, TS, VOB, AVI, and FLV files.iMedia Converter for Mac is good at converting Blu-ray/DVDs and non-protected video files to your required file types.
OverviewPavtube MKV Converter for Mac is a splendid MKV Converter particularly developed for Mac OS X users. It can convert MKV container format to a wide range of other video/audio formats for your different end uses with fast conversion speed and excellent quality. The output formats include TS, MP4, FLV, AVI, 3GP, MOV, M4V, MPG, WMV, MP3, WMA, AAC, etc. Pavtube MKV Converter for Mac supports converting MKV videos for using on almost all popular multimedia devices, including Apple TV, ATV 2, iPad, iPad 2, iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, iPod, Motorola Droid (X), Nexus One, HTC Droid, HTC Hero, Xoom, Galaxy Tab, and more.
Preserve wanted audio/subs track and video stream
If your MKV source file contains multiple audio/subs tracks and video streams, you can freely select your wanted ones to be preserved in the converted files.
Select certain chapters to convert
If your source file contains chapter info, then Pavtube MKV Converter for Mac is able to display all of them, and allows you to select a certain chapter to convert at will.
Fast conversion speed
Pavtube Mac MKV Converter takes full advantage of the advanced multitask and multithread encoding technology. Its conversion speed is 1.5 to 2 times faster than other similar programs.
Split selected video file
Using the Split function, you can split the selected video file into required video clips by specifying the clip quantity, duration time and file size.
Perfect Audio and Video Sychronization
Pavtube MKV Converter for Mac adopts AV-sync conversion technology, which can ensure the audio synchronize perfectly with the video.
Various output formats
This program support exporting a variety of output formats, including FLV, MP4, MPG, AVI, MOV, TS, VOB, SWF, and so on.
Set video effect
Pavtube MKV Converter for Mac lets you set video effect by changing brightness, contrast, saturation, volume of the video, as well as add special effects to the video. The special effects range from Simple gauss blur, Simple laplacian sharpen, Aged film, Flip color, to Invert.
Merge video files
If you want to combine several MKV files into one file, you can tick off the option "Merge into one file" to do that.
Trim and crop video
You can make use of "Crop" function to cut off black edges of the video, and use "Trim" function to select a certain clip of the video to convert.
- 1G Hz or above PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor.
- Mac OS X Leopard (10.5), Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), Mountain Lion (10.8)
- 512 MB physical RAM (memory) or more.
- 1024*768 or higher resolution display.
Common video formats
(*.avi, *.wmv, *.asf, *.mpg, *.mp4, *.3gp, *.3g2, *.mov, *.mkv, *.m4v, *.vob, *.dv),
HD video formats
(*.mp4, *.mov, *.mpg, *.ts, *.mkv, *.wmv, *.avi),
Lossless video stream
(*.vob , *.mpg, *.ts *.m2ts from DVDs, TiVo shows and blu-ray discs),
Optimized video formats for devices
(H.264 and MPEG-4 encoded *.mp4 for iPhone 4, iPhone 3G, iPad, Apple TV, iPod Touch, iPod Classic, PSP; HD video formats for Xbox360, PS3, Wii; Creative Zune, Archos, Gphone, Android, Nexus One, Motorola Droid, HTC Droid, Samsung Galaxy S Fasinate, Blackberry, Nokia, Pocket PC etc)
(*.flv, *.f4v, *.swf),
iTunes supported audio formats(*.mp3, *.m4a, *.aac, *.flac ), iPhone Ringtone audio (*.m4r), Matroska Audio(*.mka), Ogg Vorbis Audio (*.ogg), Windows Media Audio (*.wma, *.wav), Dolby Digital 5.1 audio (*.ac3), DTS (*.dts remux)
Supported portable devices
iPod, iPad, iPhone, iPhone 4, PSP, Apple TV, Gphone, Blackberry, Creative Zen, Xbox, Androids like Motorola Droid, HTC Hero, HTC Magic, HTC Evo, Google Nexus One, Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Galaxy Tab, 3G mobile phones, and other mobile pohnes.
Convert HD MKV at ease
I cannot express how happy I am about purchasing Pavtube. It has been one of the best purchases I have ever made. It enables me to convert 1080p videos in a way no other software can. The edit feature is one of the most valuable functions of the software. It enables me to just take the clips that I want, without having to convert the entire file. Not only does it make the conversion process more simple, but the converted files are big and crisp. I will definitely recommend this product to other filmmakers and editors. Jan 26, 2010
High performance with various formats
I have used the program on my Macbook pro Intel Leopard to convert .mkv files to .avi. I have found the program to be very good on the 3 movies I have done. I am happy with the performance of the program and will continue to use it. Jan 13, 2010
Meet all your expectations
I have been using the product to convert some .MKV files so they can be displayed in more conventional formats (like .AVI). I am an amateur photographer, and I dabble in video creation every now and then. So far your product has met all expectations! Jan 7, 2010
Q:I have purchased MKV Converter for Mac. When I attempt to install it starts and then provides a message:
The Installer could not instal some files in "/Applications............Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
I am running OS X 10.5.8
A: Pavtube has been updated to support the coming Mac Mountain Lion system. This new pkg file may have problem to install on Mac OSX 10.5.8. If you have this problem pls download the special installation file for Mac OSX 10.5.8 from below link.
Further question, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q:I ever ripped and converted many movies with Pavtube using the Apple TV output formats. Those movies played like a charm before on my Apple TV2, iPad, iPhone and even iPod Touch. However, after I updated my Apple devices to iOS 4.3 the sound cannot be played anymore. There's only video without sound. I find all my movies are encoded with aac 6 channels (5.1 channels) that do not work. If I changed the audio to stereo (2 channels) my Apple TV2 works again. I am afraid the sound problem is caused by iOS 4.3, but would like to hear your opinions how to settle it.
A: Apple's iOS 4.3 seems to have changed its audio processing function or there might be a bug in iOS 4.3. There are many people feeding back the iOS 4.3 sound problem in Apple discussions forum. See below:Q: What are the differences between the trial version and the retail version?
We are not sure whether or when Apple will settle the iOS 4.3 6 channels sound playback problem. Presently to settle the sound problem with Pavtube you can click the Settings button and choose audio Channels to stereo (2 channels) instead of 6 channels (5.1 channels). We are also updating our Pavtube software to make adjustments to the Apple TV output profiles to settle the sound problem. Please keep tracking the update information from our website. Once the update gets released users can download the latest version from the download link they first downloaded Pavtube after purchase.
A: A trail version converts videos with watermark (the logo of Pavtube) on the screen and asks if you would like to purchase at each run while a retail version allows you to use freely without putting on watermark. As a customer of Pavtube, you will be reminded to update the software whenever a new version is released. The update is free of charge for lifetime. Besides, your emails will be attended at the first time, your advice and requirements will be much valued when we upgrade the software.Q: How to combine multiple video clips into one file?
A: Select the items you want to combine together and check the box of ‘Merge into one file’ before converting the videos.Q: My widescreen movies (16x9) aren't staying widescreen after conversion. I don't want the video to be stretched and made taller. What can I do?
A: Simply click ‘Settings’ button and set the Video Size to 1920*1080 or 1280*720 before converting the movie.Q: How can I get AAC/ AC3 5.1 channels as output audio?
A: You can click ‘Settings’ button and select ‘5.1 channels’ from the drop-down list of Audio Channel. Please note that piratical output formats do not support 5.1 channels.Q: How can I set the output file name?
A: Please find the column named ‘Destination File’ on file list. Double click the output name and then you can type in desired output file name.Q: I’d like to eliminate black bars (edges) from the movie, what should I do?
A: Click ‘Edit’ button to enter into the edit panel and switch to the Crop tab, then just drag the dashed frame on the video screen of the original preview window to cut off the unwanted parts to get the right aspect ratio you need.Q: How do I install and register the software?
A: Please find more details at Install and register Mac products.
3.2.1Sep 26, 2012
- Fixed crashing issues on OS X 10.5.
- Fixed freezing issues.
3.2.0Aug 26, 2012
- Added 16 new profiles for recent devices and HD media players.
- Some other bugs fixed.
3.1.3Jul 18, 2012
- Fixed the improper processing of Crop feature.
- Some other bug fixes and spell-checking.
3.1.2Jul 08, 2012
- Changed Apple TV .mp4 profiles to .m4v.
- Added XDCAM EX, XDCAM HD, and XDCAM HD422 profiles.
- Fixed some bugs.
3.1.1Jun 11, 2012
- Added Apply to All option to Crop feature.
- Fixed some bugs.
3.1.0May 30, 2012
- Added automatic update feature.
- Added audio fade in/ fade out feature.
- Added video rotate feature (rotating 90 degrees right or left).
- Added simple-mode for easier cropping with improved output preview effect.
- Added optional video split feature to certain Android templates to fit the extended memory SD card.
- Upgraded to support precise frame-by-frame video trimming.
- Fixed some bugs.
3.0.10Apr 27, 2012
- New presets for Apple TV Dolby Digital 5.1 audio pass-through.
- Optimization to split operation and effect setting.
- Now support 2D to 3D conversion by setting 3D effect in Video Editor panel.
3.0.9Apr 19, 2012
- Renamed Audio Replace to Audio Editor, and include more functions.
- Improved output video quality for Apple TV 3.
- Added presets for these devices: HTC One X, Dell Streak 5/7/10, LG Optimus Vu, Pantech Element, Eden Tab, ASUS Padfone, Toshiba Excite X10, Archos 80 G9 Tablet, Archos 101 G9, and Nokia Lumia 900.
- Corrected calculation method to show more accurate estimate output file size.
3.0.8Mar 27, 2012
- Added optimized 1080p MP4 format to support the 3rd generation Apple TV.
- Added customized preset for Sony PS Vita.
- Modified user interface language.
- Made some minor adjustment to the profiles of Archos 101 Internet Tablet, iPad 3 and Avid DNxHD.
3.0.7Mar 19, 2012
- Introduced German as an optional user interface language.
- Added format templates to support iPad 3, Asus Transformer Prime, etc.
- Added Split feature.
- Added Library settings in Option.
- Optimized Apple ProRes profile for better processing with Final Cut Pro 7.
What's next? Price: $29