Avid Media Composer is a popular video editing software on windows and Mac, many people use it as a mainly software to edit camcorder or camera recorded videos. But, different cameras record videos in different video formats, such as H.264 MOV, MTS, M2TS, MXF. When importing and editing these videos in Avid Media Composer 5.5, uses always encounter video and audio problems, as the Avid Media Composer 5.5 doesn’t support HD videos well due to the codec. This article will show you the easy way to import Panasonic P2 camcorder recorded MXF files into Avid Media Composer 5.5.
Panasonic P2 camcorders are used by many professional photography, they use it to record important footages. And many of them load Panasonic P2 MXF footage to Avid Media Composer 5.5 for editing, but different problems have occurred, the main reason is video codec unfriendly to Avid Media Composer 5.5. So the best choice is to transcode Panasonic P2 MXF to XDCAM codec, then you can edit the video smoothly in avid. Now you can follow the guide below.
1. Download and install Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac or MXF converter for Windows. This professional MXF converter will help you transcode P2 MXF footages to XDCAM codec or DNxHD codec for natively use in Avid Media Composer 5.5.
2. Import the videos recorded by Panasonic P2 to the software.
3. Click format bar to choose output format. If you run this software on Mac, you can choose XDCAM or DNxHD codec for output; if you run software on windows, you can choose DNxHD format for output.
4. You can click settings button to adjust the output video’s parameters, such as resolution, bitrate, codec and frame rate, etc.
XDCAM output settings
DNxHD output settings
5. Click convert button to start the Panasonic P2 MXF video to Avid Media Composer 5.5 conversion.
Pavtube Panasonic P2 MXF converter is a great tool for your camcorders and MXF videos, with it you can easily transcode MXF footages to different codecs or formats. If you want to convert DVD/Blu-ray and other video formats include MXF, you can try iMedia Converter for Mac, this software is the most powerful converter which can convert all kinds of videos.
- Convert Panasonic AJ-HPX 300 MXF videos to ProRes for FCP
- How to Convert Panasonic MXF Files for iMovie on Mac?
- How to convert down Panasonic AJ-HPX3700 HD MXF to MPEG files?
- Canon C300 Workflow-Edit C300 MXF in Avid and Burn MXF to DVD on Mac Mountain Lion
- Convert MXF to AVI/WMV/MOV/MP4/MPEG on Mac
- Import Panasonic AG-HPX170/HPX171 P2 MXF to iMovie and FCE