Canon XF300 is a professional camcorder which features 50Mbps MPEG-2 recording to Compact Flash (CF) Cards for unsurpassed image quality and efficient, robust workflow at an affordable price.
Canon XF300 recorded video format is MXF, this format can give us excellent video quality. But this format is not easy to use as MXF files are not supported by many editing software on Mac and windows. You may have got this camcorder and find it is difficult to use canon XF300 MXF files when want to import XF300 MXF to FCP on Mac.
MXF format is not a common video format, and it is not supported by FCP and iMovie on Mac. So XF300 MXF files editing in FCP can’t be done directly. Final Cut Pro best supported video format is Apple ProRes 422 codec MOV format, it’s a good choice to transcode MXF footages to ProRes for FCP X. Below is a guide for you to convert MXF video for FCP editing.
1. Download Pavtube XF300 MXF Converter for Mac. This software supports rich formats for output, such as Apple ProRes 422 MOV, Apple InterMediate Codec MOV, etc.
2. Install this XF300 MXF to FCP X converter. Import the XF300 MXF files to the best MXF converter.
3. Click format bar to choose output format. Click and choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), it’s the best format for editing Canon XF300 files in FCP X.
4. If you want to customize the output settings, you can click “settings” button to adjust the resolution, bitrate, etc.
5. Click convert button to start converting XF300 MXF to FCP X.
- Convert Panasonic AJ-HPX 300 MXF videos to ProRes for FCP
- How to Convert Panasonic MXF Files for iMovie on Mac?
- How to convert down Panasonic AJ-HPX3700 HD MXF to MPEG files?
- Canon C300 Workflow-Edit C300 MXF in Avid and Burn MXF to DVD on Mac Mountain Lion
- Convert MXF to AVI/WMV/MOV/MP4/MPEG on Mac
- Import Panasonic AG-HPX170/HPX171 P2 MXF to iMovie and FCE