When considering to backup Blu-ray movies without quality loss, MKV (Matroska) would be out first choice. Why? MKV not only makes 1:1 copy of original Blu-ray disc, it also has a number of advantages other format cannot achieve. Here we give you the all reasons to choose MKV format for lossless Blu-ray Backup.
1st reason. Chapter markers, multiple audio and subtitle tracks preservation.
MKV format has the ability of containing unlimited number of video, audio and subtitle tracks, in other words, you can save entire movie content in original Blu-ray disc with multiple sound and subtitle tracks, chapter markers and movie thumbnail into a single MKV file.
2nd reason. Blu-ray/DVD lossless quality backup.
MKV is such a flexible container format that supports various codes, including H.264, VC-1, AC3, DTS, etc. Almost all Blu-ray movies are saved as H.264/MPEG-4 encoded .m2ts files with AC3 or DTS audio (a small percent of BD movies use VC-1 codec and PCM 5.1 audio), in that case MKV is mostly compatible with Blu-ray movies and it is possible to keep original H.264 video codec when converting Blu-ray M2TS clips to MKV container without en-decoding, lossless video quality is retained.
3rd reason. Widely supported video format by media player—MKV.
Many container formats are open and free including MKV, and many media players like WDTV Live and Popcorn accept it for video playback, no need for transcoding again which saves lots of time.
4th reason. Can anything be more flexible?
Want to backup Blu-ray to MKV files without unneeded audio track? Have you ever thought about converting Blu-ray movies to other mobile devices supported format, such as MP4, M4V? Consider about 100% intact .M2TS main movie preservation from original BD disc? All can be down with Pavtube ByteCopy.
Why you should choose Pavtube ByteCopy to backup Blu-ray to MKV format with lossless quality?
1. make lossless copy from original BD/DVD with all subtitles and audio tracks included;
2. preserve chapter markers in BD\DVD, which allows you freely to move forward to any chapter for watching on your HD media player.
3. pass-through the HD audio encoded with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-MA into MKV file
More advantages in ByteCopy:
1. support Directly Copy feature which saves 100% intact .M2TS main movie from original BD disc, and allows all subtitle and audio tracks preservation.
2. save encoded multiple audio tracks in other two formats: .MP4 and .MOV besides .MKV under “Multi-track Video” for audio selection.
3. include all features in Blu-ray Ripper, you can edit Blu-ray\DVD discs before conversion, such as trimming, cropping, merging into one file, splitting, adding watermark, etc.
Sound great? How about get a free copy of Pavtube ByteCopy and get your Blu-ray movies to MKV files without quality loss?
- How to make full copy of blu-ray disc in fastest and easiest way?
- The best Blu-ray backup method: Blu-ray to M2TS or Blu-ray to MKV?
- Complete lossless Blu-ray to MKV backup in 2 steps
- How to Make a DVD Photo Slideshow with Transitions and Music on Mac
- How to copy Blu-ray movies to Synology DS411slim NAS Server
- Keep both English and French audio tracks for ripping Blu-ray to MKV