Commercial Blu-ray Discs are expensive and easy to break. Creating a digital copy protects your Blu-ray Disc from scratching and worn out caused by frequently use. Blu-ray videos are normally made into copy-protected m2ts streams that are encoded with H.264/MPEG4 AVC or VC-1 codec. To copy BD contents from commercial Blu-ray Disc, you need BD decrypting software. In this way you’ll be able to play m2ts video stream clips on PC with required media players (e.g. VLC Player) installed properly. When backing up Blu-ray to NAS device for playing back with HD media players such as WD TV Live and Popcorn Hour A-500 Pro, the Matroska (MKV) format is much preferred for saving Blu-ray movie to. The MKV format can store multiple video/audio tracks with all meta-information and preserve chapters, hence is widely supported by HD media players.
How to Rip Blu-ray to Lossless MKV in 3 Steps?
The Pavtube ByteCopy software was developed for Blu-ray movie collectors to protect their collections by decrypting and backing up Blu-ray Disc to MKV files with all subtitles and audio tracks included. To save your time and efforts, lossless Blu-ray to MKV backup is shorted into a 3-step process.
You may download a trial of Pavtube ByteCopy and follow the short guide below to backup Blu-ray Disc to MKV with flawless quality.
Step 1. Run Pavtube ByteCopy, and click “Load from Disc” button to import movie files from copy-protected Blu-ray Disc/DVD. Any Blu-ray discs can be loaded including Blu-ray encoded with AVC and VC-1. This Blu-ray Ripper can decrypt Blu-ray AACS, BD+, region codec, UOPs, up to MKB v61 up to MKBv62.
Step 2: In the dropdown list of Format menu, you can find several MKV options for output. Here we recommend “Lossless/encoded Multi-track MKV (* mkv)” under “Multi-track Video” catalogue. Because it will save multiple video, audio and subtitle tracks form original Blu-ray in output MKV and you won’t suffer any quality loss.
Note: In default settings, all the tracks are checked for output mkv files. If you wan to uncheck the unnecessary track, click “Settings” on the interface to get it done.
Step 3. Click the “Convert” button to start backing up Blu-ray movie to lossless MKV files. In this way Pavtube ByteCopy extracts the main movie with all subtitles and audio tracks from disc and seals the contents into MKV container without transcoding, which means you get lossless quality MKV files. 1080p HD video stream, TrueHD and DTS-MA 7.1 audio tracks and PGS subtitles are retained without quality loss. After conversion you may click “Open Output Folder” to find generated MKV files.
Similar Guide: 10 minutes for lossless DVD to MKV backup
1. Pavtube ByteCopy backs up BD/DVD as fast as your drive can read data. A faster BD drive can copy Blu-ray movie of 25GB in 40mins.
2. The Pavtube ByteCopy is able to crack copy-protections of commercial Blu-ray Discs and DVDs, third-party BD decryption software like AnyDVD is not necessary.
3. You need a Blu-ray Disc drive (either external or internal) to read Blu-ray Disc. DVD-ROM can not read Blu-ray Disc.
4. To properly play lossless Blu-ray contents back will require a high horsepower computer or powerful HD media player to support the data rate involved in MKV format.
5. When playing selected title in Pavtube ByteCopy, the software plays video streams only. There is not audio or subtitle- there are many streams and it can not play all.
6. You can decide which subtitles and audio streams to export- Click “Tools” menu-> “Preference”-> “Audio” tab to set audio and subtitle language by preference. The software will remember the language you’d like to keep and select them by default at next run.
7. The trial copies 3 Blu-ray Discs or DVDs only. You have to purchase the software ($42) for future use.
- How to rip Blu-ray to MKV with DTS 5.1 for all audio streams?
- How to backup DVD and Blu-ray collections to home server?
- Make a backup of a Blu ray disc to hard disk without compression
- Back up commercial Blu-ray Discs
- Complete lossless Blu-ray to MKV backup in 3 steps with Pavtube ByteCopy
- Rip Blu-ray Disc videos and make 1:1 backup of Blu-ray movie