Just as predicted, Apple's brand-new iPhone 5 comes with a larger 4-inch 1136 x 640 16:9 widescreen Retina Display and faster A6 processor. Users will be in for a real treat when it comes to playing games, watching videos, viewing images, as well as reading words. For big-time entertainment, iPhone 5 lets you watch widescreen HD video in all its glory - without letterboxing.
Speaking of video playback, the iPhone 5 supports:
- H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
- MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
Apparently, DVD movies are not in the supported category. What to do if you insist on playing DVD movies with iPhone 5? The guide below will remedy your issue.
Pavtube DVD to iPhone 5 Converter
Guide: How to rip DVD to 720p iPhone 5 video with wanted subtitles?
Launch Pavtube DVD Ripper for iPhone 5, and load DVD movie files to the program through “DVD Disc” icon, “DVD Folder” icon or “IFO/ISO” icon.
Check the title you want to rip and click the dropdown list of “Subtitles” to select your wanted subs track to be kept in the final output files for viewing with iPhone 5.
In order to rip/convert DVD to 720p iPhone 5 video, you are suggested to choose “iPhone 5 H.264 HD 720P (*.mp4)” as target format from “iPhone” presets.
Click “Convert” button to render DVD movie to iPhone 5 720p mp4 video. As soon as the ripping task is finished, click “Open” button to get the converted files for syncing to iPhone 5 with iTunes.
- Play DVD movies with iPhone 5 - rip DVD to 720p iPhone 5 video with wanted subtitles
- Convert DVD ISO/IFO Video Files and Play them on iPhone 4S?
- How to Make DVD Movie Source Code be Played on iPhone 4S?
- Toy Story 3 for iPad/iPod/iPhone 4: convert toy story 3 bluray to mp4 on Mac
- Put and play Inception bluray on Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Droid X
- How about Converting Blu-ray ISO Files for Playing on iPhone 4S?