M2TS is a filename extension used for the Blu-ray Disc Audio-Video (BDAV) MPEG-2 Transport Stream (M2TS) container file format. M2TS used for Blu-ray can contain one of the video compression formats H.262/MPEG-2 Part 2, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC or SMPTE VC-1 and audio compression formats such as Dolby Digital, DTS. If you want to backup Blu-ray, then converting a main movie of a Blu-ray into a single m2ts file.
Pavtube BDMagicis a best tool for you to crack the Blu-ray copy-protections and copy Blu-ray to M2TS streams. Never miss this easy-to-use and powerful app if you are trying to back up Blu-ray Disc to M2TS files. Follow the quick guide below to decrypt and convert Blu-ray to M2TS clips.
Learn other Blu-ray Ripping Tool
Before we start make sure you have these tools:
1. PC or laptop (Windows XP/ Windows Vista/ Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 8.1/Windows 10 only)
2. Source Blu-ray Disc (commercial copy-protected Blu-ray Disc)
3. BD drive (external or internal)
4. Pavtube Blu-ray Disc Ripper software (click to download a free trial of Pavtube BDMagic v184.108.40.206)
Quick Guide: Ripping Blu-ray Disc to M2TS videos/ Converting Blu-ray to M2TS streams
Place in source Blu-ray Disc. In this guide I take a recently released Blu-ray Disc . Hook the BD drive to your PC or laptop and make sure your computer is connected with Internet.
Step 1. Load Blu-ray Disc for copying Blu-ray to M2TS.
Run the trial of Pavtube Blu-ray Disc Ripper software, and it comes up with the main interface. Click the "File" icon to copy and load Blu-ray Disc . The process takes a few seconds. When the Blu-ray Disc is loaded, it should be like this:
Step 2. Choose the copy option
Click the format bar to choose “Copy > Directly Copy” to backup or copy your Blu-ray movies. Please note that the trial version only allows a 6-time directly copy.
By default setting, Pavtube BDMagic will automatically recognize the main movie which has been checked after loading Blu-ray movie. As for the directly copy here, you need to check all the title boxes.
Step 3. Start copying Blu-ray to m2ts
Click “Convert” button to start copying M2TS streams from Blu-ray Disc. It usually takes 40min to an hour for ripping Blu-ray Disc to M2TS files.
Tip: make sure there’s enough space to save M2TS clips before you start ripping Blu-ray to M2TS. By default the output location is “CDocuments and SettingsuserMy Documents Pavtube Blu-ray-ripper” and the software shows free space of the disk at the left bottom. If the Free disk space is less than 50GB, click “Browse” to set a different output location.
Why choose Pavtube BDMagic:
It’s an all-in-one Blu-ray decrypter, converter and editor that provides multiple considerate Blu-ray backup solutions.
1. The software decrypts up to the recent released movies like , Doctor Strange, The Walking Dead, etc
2. As a Blu-ray copy app, Pavtube BDMagic provides you two copy solutions: copy the entire BDMV directory that contains all Blu-ray data, or copy Blu-ray to M2TS streams that are main movie.
3. As Blu-ray converter, Pavtube Blu-ray Disc Ripper comes up with HD MP4, MKV, AVI, TS, MPEG, MPG, MOV, M4V etc as well as preset for most popular devices: iPad, iPhone, PS4 Pro, iPod, Xbox One S, Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Edge, etc. Now with CUDA support the ripping speed is improved to 6 times faster.
4. As Blu-ray editor, Pavtube BDMagic allows you select desired subtitles, audio track, surround sound (AC3/AAC 5.1), add watermark, crop out unwanted frames, extract high-def audio, etc.