In this day and age, everyone wants high-definition content, and that means they either have to download the new 1080p video from iTunes or watch some Blu-Rays on their HDTV. If you’re a frequent traveler, you probably purchase a movie twice, one Blu-ray for collection, another in 1080p from iTunes store so as to put on iPad. Why bother? If you’ve already invested in lots of Blu-Ray films and TV shows, then it’s really not worth re-purchasing all your content on iTunes just to have it on your computer at the same resolution. I mean, there is a better way to go – by converting Blu-rays to digital video. Sounds familiar, but have no idea of how to rip a Blu-ray? You’re not alone. Lots of questions have been put up regarding Blu-ray backup, typically like this.
“I like to back up my blu-ray movies and put them on my iPad 4 and external hard drive sometimes when I travel. How to do a successful rip of commercial Bluray discs?”
The first thing you’re going to need for ripping a Blu-Ray is obviously a drive to read the disc. A Blu-ray Disc drive can range in price from $60 to over $300, you have many options. Then get a Blu-ray Ripper that works for your needs, by which I mean ripping Blu-ray to iPad 4 optimized MP4 video. So MakeMKV is not your choice. I recommend you what I’m using, the Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper, which tackles all regions of Blu-rays and DVDs at just $39.2 (discounted price). Here comes up a step-by-step workflow of backing up my Blu-rays to iPad 4 and external hard drive:
1. Connect external BD drive with your computer, install and run the Blu-ray converter. Click to “BD/DVD Folder” to import Blu-ray disc from external BD drive, DVD from in-laid optical drive.
2. Set 720p/1080p iPad HD format for ripping Blu-ray/DVD to iPad video.
3. Specify export folder for saving Blu-ray movie. Click "Browse" button to look for and set a save path to store the output iPad HD videos
4. Rip Blu-ray movie to iPad 720p/1080p HD video at fastest speed. Click "Convert" button to start Blu-ray to iPad ripping. The Blu-ray converter is proved to be faster than other tools. When the ripping work is finished, click "Open" button to find out the ripped iPad HD videos with ease.
Now you can transfer the generated iPad HD movie to your iPad 4, and enjoy wonderful high quality Blu-ray movies on train, ship and aeroplane freely. With the company of iPad 4, your trip will not be boring any more.
Read more iPad solutions at Pavtube iPad Video Specials.
- Watch DVD on Roku Premiere(+)
- Pavtube Christmas Deal - 30% off 2D/3D/4K Blu-ray Ripper tools
- Rip and Put 300+ DVD movies onto a video hard drive on MacOS Sierra
- Copy Blu-ray/DVD to Netgear ReadyNAS 6+ for Streaming
- Rip 3D Blu-ray to 3D SBS MP4 for VR Headsets/3D TVs
- back up Blu-ray Disc to M2TS streams flawlessly