WD TV Live media player claims to play your home videos, photos and music in virtually any format, including DTS, ISO/VOB, MKV, MP4, Xvid, WMV, MOV, JPEG, AVI, MPEG and more. Thus, users can get the freedom to enjoy a wide variety of the most popular files.
Is it possible to play Blu-ray content with WD TV Live media player?
To answer the question directly, the WD TV Live media player is unable to play a Blu-ray movie disc natively, after all, it is not a professional Blu-ray player. However, once your Blu-ray content is converted, it will play on WD TV Live. In this article, we introduce how to make Blu-ray material playable on WD TV Live media player in detail.
How to convert Blu-ray to 1080p MKV for WD TV Live with desired audio/subs track
* Pavtube Blu-ray Converter (Here we run it as a Blu-ray to MKV Converter for WD TV Live)
1. The free trial version is provided for you to see if it would be able to convert your Blu-ray material from a Blu-ray disc.
2. The trial version will create videos with PAVTUBE logo standing in the center of the output image. To bypass the watermark, you should purchase its full version.
* A built-in Blu-ray drive or an external Blu-ray drive that compatible with your computer (This is required for reading your Blu-ray content directly from your Blu-ray disc)
The detailed operating procedure for creating MKV Blu-ray converts for WD TV Live:
Step 1: Load Blu-ray content
Insert your Blu-ray disc that you want to convert into the Blu-ray drive. Open up Pavtube Blu-ray Converter, click “Blu-ray disc” icon to load Blu-ray content directly from the disc. The Main Title of a Blu-ray disc is checked by default. If you have intension to convert other titles, simply tick off the checkbox before them.
Step 2: Select desired subtitles stream and audio track
Check the movie titles you want to convert. Click the drop-down list of “Subtitles”, then all the subtitles info in the Blu-ray will be shown clearly, including language and stream ID, so you can select your needed language as your subtitles freely.
What’s more, Pavtube Blu-ray Converter also offers an option called “Forced subtitles”, which enables you to see subtitles only when actors are speaking a different language. For instance, if you specify English (your mother tongue) as your subtitles, and meanwhile tick off “Forced subtitles” option, then when actors are speaking English, no subtitles will show up, but when they are talking with each other in French, the English subtitles will appear accompanying with the French.
To select your desired audio track, just click the pull down menu of “Audio”, and then the popup drop-down list will give you the detailed information of all audio tracks, including language, audio codec, and stream ID.
The ability of selecting subtitles and audio track makes it possible for you to play Blu-ray movies on WD TV Live with your desired languages.
Step 3: Select output format for WD TV Live
Go to “Format” menu and choose “MKV HD Video (*.mkv)” as output format from “HD Video” option. This profile will convert Blu-ray to MKV with 1080p quality.
Step 4: Convert Blu-ray materials to WD TV Live preferred MKV format
Click the big button “Convert” to start transcoding Blu-ray content to MKV for WD TV Live playback. Once the conversion finished, you can click “Open” button to get the generated files with ease.
If you intend to backup Blu-ray Discs to MKV container without any quality loss (preserve all audio tracks and subtitles tracks) for enjoying on HD TV with WD TV Live, you can refer to how to change Blu-ray to MKV with original video and audio quality.
- Enjoy Blu-ray movies on HDTV with WD TV Live Plus HD Media Player
- Play MKV AC3 5.1/DTS 5.1 audio with WD TV players- BD/DVD rip to MKV
- How to make region-free DVD ISO file for playback on WD TV?
- Enjoy commercial DVDs on WD TV Mini Media Player
- How to Rip Blu-ray to WD TV with Chapter Markers and lossless DTS Audio?
- Rip commercial DVDs on Mac for playing on WD TV Mini Player