“I just bought a sony handycam camcorder, it records AVCHD footages, now I want to convert them to a compatible format that I can play them on my tablets, I also have a Mac, so can you recommend a software that can do this on windows and Mac?”
In recent years, Sony unveiled many striking Handycam camcorders. The Sony HDR Handycam camcorder is great for professional and amateur users because of the low price and excellent video quality, it’s easy to take photos and record videos by Sony Handycam camcorder.
But, it’s not easy to transfer Sony Handycam MTS footages to tablets like iPad 3, Kindle Fire, Galaxy Tab and Transformer Prime TF300/TF700. As the MTS/M2TS format is not supported by these Android or Apple IOS devices, you may have the need to convert Sony Handycam to MP4 format for playback, below is a brief guide for you to convert Handycam MTS to MP4 with Pavtube HD Video Converter.
Converter Sony Handycam AVCHD to MP4 on Windows
1. Download Pavtube MTS/M2TS Video Converter, Install and launch this Sony Handycam MTS/M2TS to MP4 Video Converter, import the Sony Handycam videos to the converter.
2. Click format bar to choose output format, you can click and choose HD Video -> H.264 Video (*.mp4), or MPEG-4 HD Video (*.mp4). If you need to convert Handycam to other formats, just choose the corresponding format.
3. You can click settings button to adjust output parameters as you want, such as resolution, bitrate, etc.
4. Edit function is available in the Handycam to MP4 converter. You can crop, trim, add watermark or adjust effect to the Handycam MTS video.
5. Click convert button to start.
Converter Sony Handycam AVCHD to MP4 on Mac
1. Install Pavtube MTS/M2TS converter for Mac, load your recorded Handycam files to the software from Mac.
2. Choose output format as HD Video -> H.264 Video (*.mp4), click “settings” button to adjust parameters as you want.
3. Edit the Sony Handycam AVCHD files, and then click convert button to start.
With Pavtube MTS Converter, you can convert Sony Handycam MTS to MP4 format easily. This software also supports NVIDIA CUDA and AMD ATI acceleration on Windows, so you can transcode videos at a fast speed.
You can also follow this article to convert Sony Handycam AVCHD to DVD compatible format, here you can use Pavtube Free DVD Creator Beta. For more solutions for Sony MTS files, please visit MTS column.
- Best 5 TS Video Converter for macOS Sierra
- How to import AVCHD/MTS/MKV/AVI/MXF to Apple Aperture 3 on Mac
- Convert Humax recording 1080p videos to FCP and burn TS/MTS to DVD on Mac
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Review: Transcode GH3 AVCHD to ProRes 422 for FCP (X)
- Burning AVCHD to DVD--how to convert and burn AVCHD(.mts) to playable DVD on Mac
- Convert Panasonic HC-X900, HC-X900M AVCHD 3D MTS on Mountain Lion