DVDFab is a top-ranking DVD backup tools, dedicating to providing the leading service to copy and backup any DVD/ISO/folder without losing quality at a flash speed. When coming to ripping DVD, DVDFab is really popular and often is the first choice for many people. But on DVDFab forum, there are many issues about DVDFab slow DVD ripping speed. Many feedback unveiled that when they are using DVDFab to rip DVD, the speed is really slow.
"DVDFab has very slow ripping speeds when I rip a DVD with a copy protection (takes more or less the same time as the actual length of the movie)."
"DVDFab DVD Ripper offered super slow ripping performance"
“super slow speeds when ripping DVD with DVDFab DVD Ripper. Any suggestion?"
"Hey all, I am a newbie and just downloaded DVDFab DVD Ripper. However, it is running very, very slow."
Reasons for DVDFab Slow DVD Ripping Speed
1. DVDFab supports NVIDIA CUDA hardware acceleration but for newer CUDA, DVDFab is updated not timely that sometimes it can't support the latest CUDA. When you can't use CUDA GPU to accelerate the DVD ripping speed, your DVD ripping performance will be poor.
2.Sometimes, when you disable the onboard Nvidia GPU and rely upon the Intel Integrated HD Video, you can get a steady DVD rip on DVDFab although it is not so fast.
3. Try to rip DVD with DVDFab on a high-end PC instead of a laptop. DVD ripping and writing is a hardware intensive operation - which means lots and lots of heat generated... laptops are not good at getting rid of heat - it takes them longer to finish an operation... the more hardware intensive the operation, the more the heat is generated, laptops can't get rid of the heat.
4. DVDFab will slow rip DVD when DVD is copy-protected. DVDFab removed decryption functionality from their software as their dvdfab.com was seized by the AACS-LA due to an injuction of an US court. So when your DVD is protected by some RCE, Sony ArccOS, UOPs, Disney x-project DRM encryption, DVDFab maybe not able to rip DVD or rip DVD slowly.
5. You can make use of the tip below to accelerate DVDFab ripping speed: Enter 'Device Manager' panel. Unfold IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. Right click ATA Channel 0/1 and select Properties. Click Advanced Setting tab and check 'Enable DMA' option under Device Properties.
6. Get some DVDFab alternatives on Windows to get fast DVD ripping speed.
Fast DVDFab Alternative to Rip Protected DVD Using NVIDIA GPU Acceleration
Except DVDFab, Pavtube Studio is the NO.1 Software Inc in China offering Blu-ray ripping software and DVD ripping software. Its top-selling applications which can copy/rip both Blu-ray and DVD has Pavtube ByteCopy. In addition, Pavtube Studio has recently upgraded its top-ranked DVDFab alternative software to version 126.96.36.199 with supporting the most advanced hardware acceleration NVIDIA CUDA by H.264/H.265 codec, which can give users 30x Blu-ray and DVD ripping speed than before.
It works with the latest CUDA and accelerates DVD to H.264 and H.265 encoding speed on Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, etc. Pavtube ByteCopy can circumvent DVD encryption including CSS, region code, RCE, Sony ArccOS, UOPs, Disney x-project DRM, etc without the help of the thrid-party software and library. In addition, Pavtube ByteCopy also can offer realtime 30x times Blu-ray to HEVC encoding speed.
Of course, if you want to rip DVD fast using NVIDIA CUDA acceleration, your computer must be geared with CUDA-enabled graphic cards. Read Budget Nvidia Graphic Card for H.265 Hardware Encoding
Speedup DVD Ripping With NVIDIA Acceleration Using DVDFab Alternative Software
Step 1. load DVD movie
After installing this CUDA-based DVD ripper software successfully, just run it. Then load in the source DVD you want to convert by inserting the DVD disc into the optical drive, dragging & dropping the ISO file or movie folder into the main region of the main interface. You also can load your Blu-ray discs, Blu-ray folder, Blu-ray ISO to convert Blu-ray video to H.265.
Step 2. Select H.265 or H.264 as output format
In ByteCopy, you would find H.265 MP4 profile under Common Video and HD Video categories. Choose either one for output. You also can choose HD MKV from HD Video category and set video codes to x265 in “Settings“. You also can choose to convert DVD to H.264 MP4, h.264 mov, h.264 mkv using NVIDIA CUDA hardware acceleration. Meanwhile, you are allowed to adjust profile parameters like display resolution, bitrate, frame rate, audio sample rate to achieve the best video and audio playback on your device.
Tip: Before conversion, this DVD ripping software allows you to click “Settings” button right besides “Format” and enter “Settings” panel to adjust video size, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channels.
Step 3. Utilizing Nvidia GPU Hardware Acceleration n DVD to HEVC encoding
Now, move your cursor to “Tools” button on the top of the main interface to choose “Options”. Then you can enable GPU Encode acceleration.
Step 3. Fast rip DVD
After all necessary settings, click “Convert” button to begin your DVD to H.265/HEVC or H.264/AVC conversion using NVIDIA CUDA acceleration to reduce DVD ripping time.
If you insist on DVDFab to rip DVD, you can follow the tips or get a high-end computer to get fast DVD ripping speed. Or you can try this DVDFab alternative to accelerate DVD ripping speed using NVIDIA CUDA hardware acceleration.
- 4K Streaming vs 4K Blu-ray vs Blu-ray Which is best
- ByteCopy Joined H.265 NVIDIA to 30X Realtime 4K H.265 Encoding
- How to Rip 4K Blu-ray to H.265 MP4 Utilizing NVIDIA GPU Acceleration?
- How to Rip 4K Blu-ray to H.265 MKV Utilizing CUDA on Windows?
- Best 4K Blu-ray Ripper: Ultra HD Blu-ray ripping and playback
- Rip 4K Blu-ray to USB for 4K Ultra TV