Handbrake is a veteran media transcoder software application. Handbrake allows you to do is convert any input video file or DVD / Blu-Ray video source that is not copy protected, to the file container formats mp4 or mkv. Recently, Handbrake 1.0.0 has landed after the 13 years of development, which made many people excited and downloaded to try. But when they convert video/DVD on the lates 10.12 macOS Sierra system, many people encountered Handbrake video conversion issues on macOS Sierra.
Cases That Handbrake Failed to Convert Videos on macOS Sierra
# 1: macOS 10.12.2: Presets don't update when navigating via the keyboard. When navigating the presets list in the drawer via the keyboard, the settings are not updated to reflect the newly selected preset value.
# 2: macOS 10.12.3 beta: I was trying to encode an unencrypted DVD to VP9. HEVC encodes work fine on the same machine but crash on macOS 10.12.3 when attempting VP9 encode
# 3: Mac OS 10.12: I am using Handbrake 1.0.0 on Mac OS 10.12. Handbrake rendering freezes at around 36% on OS X AVI to MP4. I had this same problem on an older version, and upgraded to this one to see if it would fix the problem. The AVI file I'm using has a broken or missing AVI index, so wanted to render it so I wouldn't have to deal with it converting every time in VLC or it being unable to play in other situations. I had two other files just like this from the same place, but they converted fine without problems with the software or the rendered video. The video here always freezes rendering at almost exactly 36%. I have used two profiles, Fast1080p30, and Fast480p30 to try get it working. The file is 244.3MB and has a resolution of 512x384. If I use for example Fast1080p30, it won't have the video rendered at a video resolution of 1080p right? I can't find how to keep the resolution the same. I did a restart on the Mac too, and it still freezes. Should I paste whatever is in the Activity log?
# 4: MacOS 10.12.2: When opening a video from CCTV system, it doesn't find any compatible source with the message in the title: "Source: No Valid Source Found". I am using Handbrake 1.0 (latest).
Apart from these video conversion issues, Handbrake 1.0.0 also has some other drawbacks:
1. It is lacking in the human interface niceties that most of us have come to expect in easy-to-use software. It does the job it claims to do but it is not very pleasant to use.
2. Can't convert protected Blu-ray/DVD
3. It doesn't allow remuxing/ stream copy features (which with modern HW players it's an useful feature as they have the capability to play optimized video for many codecs and resolutions, but probably fail on variety of containers support, or just the audio needs to be transcoded so no need to touch the video)
Get a Perfect Handbrake 1.0.0 Alternative on macOS Sierra
The best Handbrake 1.0.0 alternative on macOS Sieera will be Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac. First of all, you need to know, as the closed-source, it covers all the functions of Handbrake. After all, it is a paid one Video Converter + DVD Ripper + Blu-ray Ripper + Audio Converter. To some degree, although it is a commercial video encoding tool, it deserves the price. It can convert video to another format, copy DVD and backup Blu-ray. You can get H.265, M3U8, MP4, MKV, M4V, AVI, etc video and MP3, FLAC, AAC, etc audio with this integrated powerful software.
1. Decrypt protected commercial Blu-ray and DVD
2, Fully copy and directly copy Blu-ray and DVD
3. Convert Blu-ray/DVD/Video to MKV, MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, 3GP, etc.
4. Create 3D SBS video from Blu-ray/DVD/Video
5. Extract audio from Blu-ray/DVD/Video and convert audio to audio.
6. Intuitive interface. Easy-to-use
7. Remux video/Blu-ray/DVD
8. Edit Blu-ray/DVD/Blu-ray: trim/crop/split/merge/rotate/deinterlacing/adding subtitle/remove audio
The equivalent Windows 10 version: Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate.
Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac Keywords
Pavtube 4K Video Converter for macOS Sierra | H.265 HEVC Encoder for macOS Sierra | H.265 Decoder for macOS Sierra | 3D Movie Converter for macOS Sierra | 3D Blu-ray Copy for macOS Sierra | Blu-ray to H.265 | Best Video Converter for macOS Sierra | macOS Sierra DVD to H.265 | Compress 4K to 1080p on macOS Sierra | 4K Compressor | DVD to MKV | Blu-ray to MKV | TS Video Converter for macOS Sierra