"I am interested in converting the .mov h .264 files my Nikon D7000 takes, to something that will run smoothly in Sony Vegas Platinum 10, such as a clean .avi, .wmv. It would be nice to know how to set the setting to achieve this. Do you have any idea about it?" I was asked by a friend the other day. If you're getting caught by the editing issues of Nikon D7000 footage, I definitely recommend you a solution- converting the H.264 MOV files to AVI or WMV with Pavtube HD Video Converter, just like my friend had done. Why Pavtube HD Video Converter? Basically, it does a good job in converting H.264 .mov files to AVI, WMV formats for editing in sync and not loose much quality. And it allows you to join the Nikon D7000 clips together, and add audio track to the video as background music. Does it convert MOV to AVI fast? I should say it's much faster than Handbrake.
Downloaded a trial of Pavtube HD Video Converter and get your Nikon D7000 .mov files converted to .avi or .wmv format as it shows below:
Step 1. Load H.264 .mov footage to Nikon D7000 MOV Converter.
Transfer h.264 encoded .mov files from NiKon D7000 camcorder to computer via USB cable. Run Pavtube HD Video Converter as the best MOV converter, and click the "Add" button to load .mov videos.
Step 2. Set AVI/WMV as output format for editing.
Click "Format" bar to determine output format. Follow "Common Video" and select any format from "AVI MSMPEG4-V3 (*.avi)", "WMV3 (WMV9)(*.wmv)" and "WMV2 (WMV8)(*.wmv)".
Step 3. Adjust video and audio settings to optimize output file quality
Click "Settings" button, then you will be able to adjust audio and video parameters on the popup window to customize the output file quality, these adjustable parameters include codec name, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate, and audio channel. To maintain original HD quality, you may set "original" in the fields of "Size", "Bitrate" and "Frame rate". To downsize the Nikon D7000 .mov files, just set a smaller bitrate.
Step 4. Click "Convert" button to convert Nikon D7000 MOV files to HD AVI/WMV.
Once the conversion is finished by Nikon D7000 MOV to AVI/WMV Converter, you can click "Open" button to get the output files effortlessly. Now you have got it right, just to import and edit D7000 MOV files with Sony Vegas Platinum 10 and other editing software for editing.
Additional editing features of the Pavtube HD Video Converter:
1. Combine files together- check the files to be merged in file list and check ‘Merge into one' box beside ‘Settings' button.
2. Deinterlace- click ‘Editor', switch to ‘Effect' tab, find ‘Deinterlacing' box, and check it to eliminate interlacing lines.
3. Thumbnail- click ‘Snapshoot' button when previewing the video. Click ‘Option' to set the image format of screenshots.
4. Trim a section of the movie- click ‘Editor', switch to ‘Trim' tab, and input time point in start and end box.
- How to convert Nikon D7000 MOV shootings to AVI/WMV video for editing?
- How to Play Amazon Movie on the New iPad 3?
- Convert Canon 60D MOV to 1080p AVI/WMV for editing and playing back
- Convert Canon Powershot S95 MOV HD to AVI/WMV video for editing
- Convert MKV/ M2TS/ AVI/ WMV to iTunes for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch 4
- Convert MOD to WMV with MOD Converter