The Apple iTunes Store offers over 28 million songs, videos and apps for sale online. It is easy for users to access tons of movies, television programs, music videos, podcasts through downloading and purchasing. The iTunes movie catalog includes content from 20th Century Fox, Warner Bros., Walt Disney Pictures, Paramount Pictures, Universal Studios, and Sony Pictures Entertainment. However, purchased videos from the iTunes Store are copy protected with Apple’s DRM system which allows protected movies to be played on up to five computers at one time, as well as unlimited Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV). DRM protected iTunes m4v files cannot be played on computers not authorized to the purchaser’s iTunes account and non-Apple portable devices like Windows mobile devices (e.g. Microsoft Surface RT & Pro), Android tablets (e.g. Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Galaxy Note 10.1), and more. How to unlock itunes videos if you intend to watch them on your new Surface RT and Surface Pro tablet? This article will show you an easy way to achieve this target.
What you need is Pavtube ChewTune, an all-in-one iTunes DRM remover and video converter that helps you bypass DRM copy protection from iTunes videos, and convert iTunes M4V files to Surface RT and Pro playable MP4 format. This iTunes to Surface Tablet Converter comes with two versions, one is for Windows platform, and the other is for Macintosh platform.
Try iTunes to Surface Converter for Windows Try iTunes to Surface Converter for Mac
The Steps: How to transfer DRM protected iTunes M4V to Microsoft Surface RT/Pro?
Read before try
1. To convert iTunes files, iTunes must be installed.
2. Please don’t use iTunes during conversion, or an error may occur.
3. This program cannot convert unplayable iTunes files (damaged, unauthorized, etc.).
4. The DRM removing process may mislead your anti-virus software to falsely report virus/worm. Please ignore the report to keep on ripping.
1. Run Pavtube ChewTune as iTunes video to Surface tablet converter. Click “Add video” or “Add from folder” tab to load your source iTunes m4v files.
2. Select “Microsoft Surface Windows RT H.264 Video (*.mp4)” as output format under “Windows” profile column.
1). If you are not using the currently version of Pavtube ChewTune to Surface RT & Pro Converter, you can go to Profile Patches Page to download a format patch for your Surface Tablet.
2). If you are using the Mac version of Pavtube ChewTune, you can learn how to custom a suitable profile for your Microsoft Surface RT & Pro here.
3. Adjust audio and video settings for output files (Optional)
If you are using Surface RT, you can skip this step. If you are playing videos with Surface Pro, you can click “Settings” button and enter the “Profile Settings” panel to change the video bit rate from 1500 kbps to 2000 kbps.
The universal video and audio settings for both Microsoft Surface RT and Surface Pro
Size (pix): 1280*720 (720p quality) - If you prefer to watch videos in 1080p quality on Surface Pro, you can set the resolution at 1920*1080.
Bit rate (kbps): 2,000 - If you are expecting a much better image quality, you can adjust the video bit rate higher than 2,000 kbps, but note this would generate videos with larger file size.
Frame Rate (fps): 24
Sample Rate (hz) 48,000
Bit rate (bps): 128,000
4. Click “Convert” button to start iTunes video to Surface backup. Once the conversion is done, you can click “Open” button to find out the generated MP4 files for viewing on Surface tablet with ease. If you are not quite clear about the steps on transferring videos to Surface RT & Pro, you can learn the details here.
Warnings: You may meet “"Can't play" error when playing Pavtube converted files on the Surface, that’s because Surface cannot play video files from certain locations. Moving them locally will sort it out.
Free enjoy AVCHD MTS/M2TS video on Microsoft Surface RT/Pro
Transfer 1080p Blu-ray ISO files to Surface RT and Surface Pro tablet
Smoothly Play 1080p/720p MKV videos on Microsoft Surface Tablet
- How can I play DVD movies on my Google Nexus 10?
- Transfer DVD ISO/IFO to Microsoft Surface RT & Pro
- How to Convert and Play DVD movies on Microsoft Surface RT or Pro Tablet
- Download/Put DVD movies onto Kindle Fire HD
- DVD Ripper for Kindle Fire HD - Convert/rip DVD ISO/IFO to MP4 for Kindle Fire HD
- Copy DVD ISO image to Nexus 7 with best video quality