In this article, we show you how to make Samsung Kies work on Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.
First of all, view a user issue on this:
“I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab. And recently I updated my MacBook Pro from 10.7 to Mountain Lion 10.8. When I opened the Kies App it told me there was an update, I selected update, and then I got an error message saying unknown OS version, and now I can’t even sync my Galaxy Tab with my MBP running on Mountain Lion. The Mac could recognize my tablet when I run the OS 10.7 Lion and the older version of the Samsung Kies App. Is this a Mountain Lion OS issue or a Samsung Kies issue?”
Solution 1: Reinstall Kies on Mac OS X Mountain Lion
1. Download Samsung Kies: http://j.mp/dlkiesz
2. Open the DMG
3. Right click on the "kies20mac_s9218.pkg", and then open it with the freeware "The Unarchiver"
4. You should see a file named "kies20mac_s9218", open it.
5. Right click on the "contents.pkg", and click "Show Package Contents"
6. Double click "Payload", it will create a folder named "Payload 2 2", double click it.
7. Double click "Applications", and then you will see Kies, drag it to the application folder, installation complete!
Solution 2: Prevent Kies from detecting the Mountain Lion OS
1) Open the Kies menu and select Preferences
2) Click on the Update tab at the end
3) Uncheck the 'Notify when updates are available'
4) Close and restart Kies.
5) Now try connecting your device.
Read the original post at: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4163556?start=0&tstart=0
Video Playback Tips for Samsung Tablets and Smartphones
Samsung tablets and smartphones use Kies to manage music, movies and photos. But if your video files are not in Samsung-friendly formats, you can not sync them to your devices for playback via Kies either on Windows or Macintosh computers. You can find out useful tutorials below to make your Samsung tablets and smartphones play various movie/video materials.
Play AVI/MKV/MTS/TiVo on Galaxy Note II
Download Digital Copy to Galaxy Note 10.1
Play 1080p Blu-ray movies on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Get DVD movies onto Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Transfer MKV/AVI/TiVo files to Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Convert iTunes Video to Galaxy Tab
- How can I play DVD movies on my Google Nexus 10?
- Transfer DVD ISO/IFO to Microsoft Surface RT & Pro
- How to Convert and Play DVD movies on Microsoft Surface RT or Pro Tablet
- Download/Put DVD movies onto Kindle Fire HD
- DVD Ripper for Kindle Fire HD - Convert/rip DVD ISO/IFO to MP4 for Kindle Fire HD
- Copy DVD ISO image to Nexus 7 with best video quality