“I’m looking for a software program that will rip a Blu-ray as soon as I insert it into the drive. But I only want to backup the main movie in the main title to 100% intact M2TS file with all audio tracks and subtitles streams, and movie menu and chapter markers are not my concern. I've been Googling for the past two weeks and could not find a single reliable solution to my problem. The reason I do this is that I rent Blu-ray discs from NetFlix, and don’t want to amass a huge library of discs taking up space that I'll probably never play more than once. And I don’t always have time to watch the movie when it arrives, so rather than hold onto it while other people are waiting to watch it, I'll store it on my home server until I find the time to enjoy it. I have zero knowledge on how to do this. I'm just reaching out to you guys to see if anyone has come up with something because I know I'm not the only one that could use a feature like this.”
Practically speaking, Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper has the most potential to solve the above mentioned problem. It digitalizes the main movie in a physical Blu-ray disc into intact M2TS files, not only preserving original image quality, but also saving you lots of space. Follow these steps to see how it works:
- Blu-ray movie disc (Blu-ray disc rentals or purchases)
- An internal or external Blu-ray drive
- Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper
1. Insert Blu-ray movie disc into your Blu-ray drive. Run Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper. In the main interface, click “Load file(s)” button to select your Blu-ray drive for loading Blu-ray movie.
The program can quickly analyze the Blu-ray movie info while movie files loading and the process bar presents the detailed loading process.
2. The main title in a Blu-ray disc is checked by default once loaded. Navigate to Format bar, and follow “Copy” > “Directly Copy”.
The Directly Copy feature helps to backup Blu-ray main movie to 100% intact M2TS file with all audio and subs tracks preserved, and the image quality is as clear as that of the original Blu-ray, so you needn’t worry about the quality loss at all. Moreover, the audio tracks and subtitles streams packaged in the M2TS container are all available to select and skip when playback in VLC Media Player and other similar media players.
3. Browse to specify a destination folder that has enough space to store the output M2TS file.
4. Click “Convert” button in the bottom right corner and the program starts copying Blu-ray main movie to lossless M2TS video at superb fast speed.
The “Conversion” window appears showing detailed backing up information, such as time elapsed, time left, generated file size and estimated file size.
The Directly Copy process only removes Blu-ray copy-protections from a commercial Blu-ray disc, and the original M2TS files as well as audio info and subtitles info in the main movie are all retained in the output M2TS file without changing anything, so the backing up process is as fast as you can imagine. Basically, it takes only 30 minutes to back up a 27 GB Blu-ray main title to an m2ts video with the same 27 GB file size. The equal 27GB file sizes also present that there is no quality loss in the output m2ts file. It’s absolutely intact.
- Backup Blu-ray movies for watching on HD Monitor via HDMI with 5.1 audio
- Backup and Rip Blu-ray movies for ASUS Transformer Book T100
- How to transfer 2014 Disney movies to VTech InnoTab 3S for your kids?
- How to stream Blu-ray movies to any device via Plex over home network?
- Watch Blu-ray movies on Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
- Transcode/Convert/Move Blu-ray to Nokia Lumia 2520 on Windows 8.1/8